Can you believe we’re half way into August? I keep thinking we have all this time to enjoy summer when in reality, it’s back to school in two weeks.
Today, my sister + I went to Richmond Country Farms to check out the Sunflower Festival. It’s the first one that has been held at the farm — and [living in Richmond] I’m soooo glad I didn’t have to make the (1.5 hour) trek out to Chilliwack to do something like this.
The Richmond Sunflower Festival is the new home to 8 acres of 20 different varieties of Sunflowers and 1 acre of different dahlias that are seriously so stunning to see.
What’s cool about this Sunflower Festival is that beyond the flower fields, there’s lots to do. Think: food trucks (hot dogs, mini donuts, lemonade etc), wine tasting in the vineyard, flower stand, beer garden, live entertainment and local vendors. Admission covers it all as well as a vineyard tour and train ride around the grounds.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Runs until Sept 15th
- 10 am to 7 pm
- Weekdays are $8 per person, Weekends are $15 per person (wine and beer garden, a vineyard tour, train ride, performances, food trucks are all weekend only)
- Address: 12900 Steveston Hwy
- Beer and wine garden is open weekends only from 2 pm to 7 pm (wine is from their estate)
- Purchase tickets online here or at the door
- After the event, bring your ticket to Country Vines winery for daily special for sunflower fest ticket holders.
I’ve always love the farm market (also on the grounds) so we stopped by there to grab some corn on the cobb and summer berries. That is, after we enjoyed a chilled glass of rosé on the patio of Country Vines.
Such a perfect afternoon!
If you are in the area, the Richmond Sunflower Festival will be on until September 15th. Reserve your tickets here.