If I could list three items every girl needs in her closet over the summer, it’s these key pieces:
– SHOP THE POST –
1. Denim short: what drives me nuts about buying denim shorts is they’re always super short and high cut or plain trashy looking. Maybe it’s just me, but sometimes it can be tricky to find a perfect/normal pair of fresh denim to rock in the summer-time. When I buy for myself I look for a pair that:
- sits comfortably on my waist, not too high but not too low either
- aren’t too short in the leg (aka look presentable)
- designed with a subtle but noticeable detail, like interesting stitching, buttons or distressed (not too crazy) rips
- don’t cost $400.
SHOP MORE DENIM SHORTS
2. Statement one-piece: having been a bikini lover all my life I didn’t totally get it when one-piece suits came back on the scene — buuuut have you seen all the cute styles??? So many versions of the staple black one-piece. Probably the best part is that they’re so pretty they could pass as a bodysuit. See? Paired with your denim shorts and a cute beach tote makes for an easy summer look you can instantly pull together.
– SHOP MORE ONE PIECES –
3. Wicker beach tote: nothing screams summer vacay like a wicker beach tote. I picked up an amazing handmade one when we were holidaying in Mexico, but there are a tonne of options available online like this and this one. Of course, no-one does the sophisticated roundie like Clare V!
– SHOP MORE TOTES –
To shop simply click on the item in the shopping widgets above + you will be redirected to checkout xoxo