- I’m 32. Yep, not as young as most think [and I’m totally okay with that]. It’s so funny hearing what age other people think I am, even I forget sometimes. I’m not one of those people who put a lot of emphasis on age or getting older. I embrace it!
- I’m married. My husband & I found each other after I jacked his seat in computer class. We met in university and have been together ever since; 11 years together, married for 4 this August.
- I was born in Vancouver, BC and have lived in Steveston my whole life. Can’t imagine living anywhere else.
- My dog’s name is Xavi, pronounced cha-vee. Long story short, I lost a bet with my husband and here we are. To say we are obsessed with him would be a grave understatement.
- I started my blog in 2014 while I was working at an Ad Agency. Clearly, I’ve come a long way in blogging since then (yikes) but TBH it’s taken me just as long to really figure out my voice, how I’m different and where I add value to the space. Blogging is something I am super passionate about, which is why I’ve been extremely patient in growing it as a business.
- My hair is real but still a work-in-progress [like everything else]. I used to have extensions until I realized….wtf, I don’t need these and started focusing on my inner health. I’ve also just taken some time in figuring out how to style my hair and what products work best for me.
- I’ve never done botox and don’t judge anyone who does, I just focus on a good skincare regiment, using great products & sunscreen and try to get in a facial treatment every once in a while to help maintain in between.
- I used to want to be an interior designer or work for a magazine. I ended up going into Business with the thinking that I could mold together what I love and make a go at it.
- I don’t like a lot of fuss. Whether it comes to my hair, makeup or redecorating my home – I don’t like a lot of fuss. If it requires more than a couple simple steps, I’ve already moved on. Helpful tricks and how-to’s are elements I want to share throughout my blog and social channels to pass on to you. Hopefully you’ll find it helpful!
- Always working on becoming my best self. I know it’s probably an overused term, but it’s a very inspiring way to think and live. When you are focused on yourself, the rest (others, comparison etc.) falls to the wayside. In becoming my best self, I can create my best life. I try to integrate this mentality into everything I do and try to find the fun/positive in everything, even the mundane things in life like work, grocery shopping or cleaning the house. I’m hoping that this message resonates with you as you read through my blog and get to know me and I hope that it inspires you to take action in your life, too!
Now I want to learn something about YOU! Tell me something I don’t know! where are you from, what do you do for work? etc.