Let’s be honest, I’m not going too far these days so when it comes to what I keep stocked in my handbag, there are really only a few items I deem ‘essential’. Usually that involves a mask, my card wallet, lip gloss, sunnies, a hand sanitizer (in a chic dispenser, preferably) + a good hand cream. Other than that, things are just taking up space.
We know I love specifics, so I’m breaking those down for you below with links for reference:
- FACE MASK: I mentioned on stories, that for in-person meetings lately I have been double masking bc my paranoid (pregnant) ass doesn’t trust that ppl will keep their distance – and I don’t mean the ppl I’m meeting with, just the ppl in the general vicinity! It’s crazy how nonchalant some ppl are under the circumstances. I’m not vaccinated *yet so I’m okay with taking extra precautions. I like the Skims face masks bc they are made with soft, stretchy fabric and come in a variety of neutral colorways. Since they are not medical-grade masks, I will double-up with a medical mask overtop.
- CARD WALLET: I ditched my bulky wallet ages ago and now opt for something much sleeker from Lark + Ives. It’s made from lux vegan leather and was designed with a cute little tassel detail I love. There is more than enough space to hold my daily cards (bank card, credit card + ID) as well as cash + coins and it doesn’t take over my handbag, regardless of the size. Super handy for when I need to take my dog for a walk to grab coffee etc.
- LIP GLOSS: my lips get super dry for no good reason so I need to carry something with me at all times. Recently purchased this one by Bite Beauty from the Sephora Sale. It’s actually a pre-makeup lip serum that helps prep your lips before you apply lipstick. I also just love it solo bc I feel like it hydrates + plumps my lips without the downside of a plumping agent (ahem* the sting!). I also really like their Plumping lip gloss (again, zero sting) and picked up the color Guava Puff, which is a neutral nude pink.
- SUNNIES: I love to dress up my look with a pair of sunglasses, I feel like it just makes the whole outfit especially when you’re not trying. Obsessed with this pair from Bailey Nelson’s new Spring Deco collection. The subtle cat-eye shape is perfection (sometimes the cat-eye can be a bit too edgy so that not everyone can wear them) and the feel is lightweight, yet high quality. The main reason I keep going back to Bailey Nelson for all of my eyewear is because they offer a range of styles at an affordable price point – and they are made to last! I’m all for buying cheap knock-offs from time-to-time, but sometimes it’s just not worth having them fall apart shortly after purchase. I’ll usually rotate between these and a slightly larger cat-eye frame.
- HAND SANITIZER: everybody’s ‘it’ product of the year LOL, except I found an alternative that makes the experience a lot less gross. I have a few of these power mists’ from Touchland that I keep in all my handbags, as well as my car. They are moisturizing, lightweight and come in a chic dispenser. My favorite scents are lavender + aloe vera.
- HAND CREAM: followed by a good quality hand cream. I’ve been using The Hand Cream by Nécessaire because it’s non-scented, not greasy and packed with peptides + multi-vitamins to replenish and nourish the skin after all the hand sanitizer and religious washing.