Happy Valentines day!! We should put as much focus on LOVE everyday as we do today, don’t ya think? We don’t do anything too crazy for Vday, but I will be making my hubby dinner and got him one of his favourite desserts. We are happiest at home and will most likely binge on that and puppy snuggles and watch a movie.
Sharing this blush dress today from Ever New’s Ever After bridal collection, full of special occasion gowns and dresses for this Spring. When I’m shopping for dresses there are five things I ask myself before I go ahead and purchase, scroll down to view my list:
Five things I look for before buying dresses:
- Quality: avoiding cheap looking & feeling fabrics and textiles. I don’t buy dresses often, so I want them to last through the seasons.
- Cost: I don’t want to spend an arm & a leg to go to a formal event. I also don’t want to skimp on quality, so I set my budget to accommodate both.
- Comfort: can I dance? sit? walk comfortably in this?? I want to look good but not at the expense of being comfortable.
- Transition: can I transition this dress to be worn throughout the seasons? I want to build my wardrobe on pieces that I can style and accessorize according to the season.
- Wear again: there’s nothing worse than having to buy formal-wear that you know you’ll 100% never wear again. If and when possible, I try to choose pieces that can easily be worn again and again.
I wish I had known about Ever New when I got married two years ago! A few of these would have made for perfect bridesmaid dresses. Whether you’re planning a wedding or attending a lot of bridal functions and parties this summer, you should definetly check out Ever New for dresses that won’t cost a fortunate, are good quality and that you can easily wear again and again. My dress also comes in a Navy tone if blush isn’t really your jam.
This post is in collaboration with Ever New. As always all comments & opinions are my own.