I remember leaving for University after I graduated from High School. Not to age myself or anything…but that was QUITE some time ago. I left Vancouver for the East Coast and spent one year at York University in Toronto. Needless to say, I only lasted a year there — I’m a West Coast girl at heart and at the end of the day I couldn’t handle the high/low weather and being so far from my family.
After I got back to Vancouver I enrolled at KPU and later stayed there to complete my Bachelor of Business in Marketing Management. Regardless of where I was heading (high school/university), one thing has never changed — my obsession with back to school shopping. Stocking up on supplies, stationary and a tote bag to carry it all, a new fall scent for your dorm or investing in the latest and greatest facial masks and rollers to get all your zen in between socializing and cramming for exams.
I’m clearly suffering withdrawals, so I created a back-to-school campus life checklist, complete with everything you need to survive. I’ve experienced university life both on and off-campus and am hoping this list will have you covered for a successful first term! Scroll down to see my checklist:
– SHOP MY CHECKLIST –
- A pair of stylish flats: not normally a huge fan of leopard print, but this fall there are lots of cute options for mules like these and these.
- A durable tote: for things like textbooks, laptop & supplies.
- Stationary: I do keep my apt. & meetings stored in my iPhone calendar but I also prefer to take notes in my day planner. Love this one from Anthropologie.
- Stylish eyewear: I love a good tortoise frame but also live for trendy styles like these in crystal.
- Commuter case: keep everything organized; from your laptop, iPhone, portable chargers, headphones, credit cards & some pocket change in a stylish case with zipper closure for safekeeping.
- Mascara & lipstick: two staples every girl should have around in case of emergency. Can never go wrong with Charlotte Tilbury anything. Lipstick | Mascara
- A good shampoo & conditioner: trust me on this one. Especially those of you who will be staying on campus.
- Face masks: love them all — facial, sheet, eye — there’s one for everything. Love CT’s instant facial dry sheet mask, it’s super nourishing and you can use it up to 3 times. Another budget-friendly option are these ones from Sephora.
- Dainty, layered jewelry: paired with a dress or track suit, layered dainty necklaces help elevate your look to help you look more pulled together with the smallest details. The coin look is super popular right now and showing no signs of stopping anytime soon.
- A warm candle: nothing says cozy like a fresh new scented candle. Warm your space this fall with the aromas of your favourite candles. Loving this & this for fall.
- Business card case: let’s face it, your at school to carve out your career path. You never know who you might meet that could help you get one step closer to your goals, so I always keep a couple business cards with me in my purse/tote, just in case. Carry them with you in a stylish case like this one, that could also be doubled as a change coin purse for on-campus coffees.
- Hair tools: hair straightener, hair dryer and curling wand. Probably should bring some dry shampoo too!