We’re packed up and heading out for the long weekend to our cabin on the Gulf Islands. It’s extra quiet this time of year.. just how we like it! Packing lots of cozy layers and bringing lots of Christmas movies so we can snuggle up and get lots of rest. Yesterday I spent the day cooking my turkey chilli and some fresh baked cookies to take with us so we have less to do once we get there. Since it was just top of mind for me I thought it would be fun to share a little packing list, including 10 things to pack for a fall getaway. Scroll down to shop my getaway essentials:
– SHOP THE POST –
10 Things: to pack for a fall getaway
- Chunky Knit Sweater: I’m a complete wimp in the cold so layering is key. Packing lots of cozy cable knit sweaters to lounge around the cabin in. Love this one from Chicwish at $70, it was too cute to pass up.
- Down-filled Packable Jacket: this down jacket from H&M is a good one if you’re shopping on a budget. I picked up this down-filled packable jacket from Roots, at $152 I thought it was of good value since it’s not only lightweight, warm and durable, but it’s water-proof and made with ethically sourced duck down.
- Ouai Dry Shampoo: when we stay at the cabin (especially if it’s just the weekend) I ditch the shampoo and bring my dry shampoo. I recently tested out Ouai’s Dry Shampoo from Sephora ($32) and am loving the smell and feel.
- Eos Hydrating Lip Balm: with the temps getting low my hands and lips are getting so dry and cracked! Eos hydrating lip balm really helps lock in moisture and keep them soft and healthy looking.
- Overnight Bag: when we take an overnight or weekend trip I usually only travel with an overnight bag. Herschel Supply Co. has a lot of great, affordable basics like my duffle tote from their Woven Collection. It’s a lot bigger than it looks and I love some of the other duffle bags have shoe compartments in them for super convenient travel and packing.
- Cold-weather Hydrating Hand Cream: again with the dry hands. Been loving this hand cream lately and love that the package is small enough to tuck into your purse or compartment in your car.
- Warm Slippers: love these textured slippers from Ugg, not only are they a great design but they’re super warm and cozy.
- The Five-Minute Journal: I think everyone should get and practice The Five-Minute Journal! I packed mine in my bag so I can keep consistent with each entry – curious? You need to give it a go.
- Fleece Lined Gloves: found these at Indigo and love the fringe detail (almost as much as I love that they are lined with fleece).
- Clay Face Mask: last time I went to Sephora I picked up some of these cute little clay face masks. Perfect for at-home or for travel.